Sunday, December 07, 2014

Training Report December 7th 2014



Evening Folks,

I keep waiting for the moment when the kids tell me they've have enough and are getting bored.

Thankfully, that still seems like a long way off. We've had another great day of training and racing today with some of the closest racing I've seen so far.

The mat always seems to generate a little more excitement and speed, when it's covered in frost.

Thankfully Wilma did manage to listen last week (there's always a first time) to James' instruction and, after a small drama, she managed to get the timing gear working. Thanks to James for stepping in with last minute help and advice.

This week was the last week of timing. All the times will be collated and averaged, so we can ensure the teams are closely matched for next week's Xmas Races.

There was a great deal of family rivalry this week. Unfortunately Vicky R was injured, so Erik is claiming the win by default.

I've never seen Neil S get so close to Andrew. What a birthday present that would have been for younger brother Neil.

David Alexander was gritting his teeth and managed to hold Hamish off this week.

I had a couple of head to heads with Beth and had to make sure I went (just) slow enough to let her cross the line first. I do have to live with the Whatford women, after all.

The team races were closer this week, but I'm sure Jamie's team had another convincing win. That puts him into first overall for the Alford Season.

Obviously, the coaches won the races against the Performance Squads. I'm sure that goes without saying.

Well done to those that moved groups this week. It was great to see you all trying so hard. Morven and Kathleen particularly seemed to enjoy the drills. I'm sure I heard them say they were far to simple.

I hope you're all looking forward to the Xmas races and lunch next week. I won't be able to make it, but will be keen to hear how it all goes on.

Many Thanks All.  I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas. I look forward to seeing you on the snow, next Year,

Gary W

Happy Birthday Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment