Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Races Sunday 14th December


Good Evening Folks, I can't believe the last week is upon us already. I've genuinely enjoyed the Alford session this year.

We increased the training days by 2, giving us 8 Sundays on the mat. It's amazing what can be taught on a slope that can only take 8 gates, but I think we can all agree we've seen changes in everyone's skiing and racing.

We introduced the timing gear to training, as a regular theme. I've never seen the racers so motivated and they often had to be chased off the mat at the end of training. All great fun and the coaches seemed to enjoy that too.

This week's coaches will be Kenny, Jamie, Malcolm and John

The bad news is (and I know everyone will be really disappointed) there will be no fitness this week. It's all about skiing and racing this week.

We'll be putting the teams on the blog tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled. The teams have all been worked out based on your race times from the last few weeks, so we'll be seeing some really close races. I can guarantee it's going to be exciting.

A HUGE thanks to Duncan Sewell for stepping up to the race gate. He's making an appearance in one of the race teams tomorrow, so please give him an extra loud cheer.

We've also got a wee surprise. This year we'll be announcing age category winners and overall club champs. This will be the Dry Mat Championship Awards, so please come along and support the races.

Please be ready to race at 9am, as we'll need the full time on the mat, to get through all the heats and make it to the finals.

I hope you all have fun on Sunday and enjoy the Xmas Lunch. Unfortunately I can't make it along this week, but I can't wait to hear the results from the races.

Gary W

No comments:

Post a Comment