The snow has been continuing to fall at The Lecht and they are hoping to open Saturday BUT there is a warmer stream of air coming in and the base doesn’t look to good so we will be training at Alford as usual on Sunday. However please feel free to keep your snow dances going as we will be monitoring the situation there for a potential cheeky pre-season training of we can.
Coaches working this weekend are Alex, James, Jamie, John, Andrew C, Callum and we are welcoming back Malcolm C to the team plus we have one of our older athletes Kathleen coming along to help as part of her training for Level 2 Instructors qualification.
The schedule is at the bottom of this post and the groups remain the same as the previous week. P1 and P2 plus RD1 and RD2 will be in the head to head races this weekend.
REMINDER: Please bring indoor, non-marking shoes, for use in the gym hall and stay off the mud while walking across to the fitness.
- Wednesday 16th November sees us reach the half way point in our midweek training and race league at Alford. Feedback from these sessions has been very very positive with the attendance growing. If you haven't signed up yet don't worry, there is still time to enter and we can guarantee a fun and focused ski racing evening regardless of your age! Please ask any of the committee on Sunday if you want to know more.
- Christmas Meal - The menu and signup sheet will be on the table again this weekend so please select your food choices and sign up- bring grandparents, Aunts/Uncles etc. All Welcome.
- Bairns and Lassies - Entries are still open until Monday 21st November (unless the limit is reached). This is a great event and is on Saturday 26th November in the morning. Any questions about this then please ask, we will be providing full race support at this event for £10 per child and at the moment we have 11 entered, let’s see if we can get a few more entries from Gordon Skiers.
- Official Gordon Skiers Soft-shell jackets orders close on Monday 14th. We have reached the minimum order required to secure the discount for the initial order. Should you miss this opportunity don't worry, the jackets will be added to the Rugby Plus site and available at direct order, all be it with a surcharge to cover shipping and delivery.
- The second Cash for Kids Whizz Cup at Garthdee is taking place on Friday the 18th November. The event will be a Slalom this week (similar to the set up we train every week at Alford) and we would love to see as many children from the club there as possible racing for a great cause and simply enjoying a great evening. Race entry is only £2 per person and payable from 5pm in the ASC chalet.The open session fee of £10 is also payable at reception on the way in.