Thursday, February 11, 2016

Blogmaster Is On Tour


The blog master is heading off to Courchevel for a week to be dragged round the mountains desperately trying to keep up with his daughter!  So for news of training please go to the Gordon Skiers Racing Facebook page for details.  Normal service will resume a week on Saturday if he returns intact (unlikely as a certain G Whatford is also involved!).

James and Graeme are in charge for the next two weekends.

Upcoming Races at Cairngorm and Glenshee


Few busy weeks coming up so your cooperation is appreciated to allow us to organise coaches accordingly.


If you are attending either or both of these races please let James know by email by Tuesday 16th Feb so that we can organise coaches. Please detail which trainees and which events clearly. racing@gordonskiers.com

Further posts on the next events will follow closer to the time but please check www.britski.org to see what is coming up as the rest of the season is pretty full on. Any questions please feel free to ask James (racing@gordonskiers.com).

Cheers

James

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Training This Weekend 13/14th February


Evening Folks,

Since we missed training last week, I’d like to gauge interest in the opportunity for an extra day’s training this Saturday.  If you choose to train, fees will be transferred.

I realise it’s short notice, but if you could respond, at the latest, by Friday I’ll see if we can sort out extra training. Please respond either by posting a reply on Facebook or emailing gary.whatford@btinternet.com

The Lecht isn’t looking too great, so we may need to move training to Glenshee.

Hope to see you Soon, Gary W=

Committee. Your Club Needs You!


Would you be interested in joining the Gordon Skiers committee?  We are looking to recruit some new members to the club committee.  We have a number of posts that will be vacated at this years AGM in May/June and are looking for expressions of interest from club members.

We have three main roles to cover
  • Administrator (currently Maggie Simpson)
  • Treasurer (Currently Isobel Morrison)
  • Coaching Convenor (currently Gary Whatford)
Don't worry if you have no experience, the existing holders of these posts are happy to stay on and support / mentor any new recruits until you are happy you have the hang of things.  If you would like to consider any of these roles please feel free to speak to Graeme Brown our chairman or any of the current post holders to get a more detailed idea of what is involved.

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Training Sunday 7th February CANCELLED


Afternoon Folks, I've held off on making a call for tomorrow's training, in the hope that the snow would come in.

One of our coaches was there yesterday and informs me, with confidence, that there is very little to gain from training at the Lecht tomorrow. The uplift tracks are breaking up and the snow on the pistes is very thin.  Although the lifts may well be open tomorrow, I don't think the main runs would support training.

Unfortunately there will be no Gordon's training tomorrow.

Gary W

Friday, February 05, 2016

Training Sunday 7th February 2016


Afternoon All,

I was hoping the snow would hold and that I wouldn't have to make a late call on training this week, but it's looking more likely now.

Given the deterioration of the snow today, I'll need to watch what's happening for the rest of today and tomorrow. The snow is creamy brown just now and not the best for training, however some light snowfall is in the forecast. Fingers crossed it picks up.

GW

Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Training Sunday Feb 7th 2016.


Those entered for the Glenshee Winter Games races next weekend will have had the email to advise them of the cancellation of the races due to lack of snow at Glenshee.  In light of this we plan to run normal training at the Lecht subject to conditions.

The forecast for the next 5 days is variable.  They had a significant fall of snow today and are working hard to piste this onto the windblown areas at the top.  Over the next few days the forecast suggests both more snow and also a slightly milder period so who knows what conditions Sunday will bring.  For this reason a decision on training will necessarily be a late one but rest assured we will do our best to keep you appraised via this blog and the Facebook page.  We are doing our best to give our skiers as much training as possible despite the conditions the Scottish weather throws at us!!